Friday, August 12, 2011

Deep Sea Swim

c 10 days to go - went out today with Alex on his little boat into the Solent and swam in the open deep sea. Definitely worth doing - picture of Alex and the boat. GOod points - within a few minutes didnt feel that cold and wasnt thinking about what was in the sea as i was focusing on breathing between the big swells of sea. Bad points - little niggle from my right shoulder which came and went. Note to self, remember not to touch boat as i did today - big no no, not allowed -will mean 8 months of wasted training! Definitely strains the shoulders a bit more when it is rough. Solent - 16 degrees currently. CHannel -17 degrees. BUt where is the summer?! I know the UK doesnt get much but come on, this is dire! Play the game, sun.... time to turn up for the main event soon. I have attached a video of me swimming in the open sea - 46-48 strokes per minute.. Also - a big thanks to the guru Joycie, who in the week turned me from a chimp into a human... mentally! Rational thinking - postive thinking - 75% mental apparently (not me - the ability to swim the channel) and i was wavering although happier now. Finishing up buying the last items on my long list of requirements tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment