Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Longest swim to date

I did a 7 hr swim yesterday... probably covering close to 20-21km in the lakes. Cold not an issue, boredom was a little! Thanks again to Martin and Rory for helping for a couple of hrs and swimming along with me. I have been told it is likely that i will have to give it a 'burst' for an hour at some stage to make a tide window and therefore stop swimming on the spot for 3 hrs! - yesterday i gave a 1km breastroke sprint after 6hrs (as i dont think i can sprint crawl after 6 hrs!) and did 1km in 18 mins. SO the pilot needs to know the my batteries dont give out more than that!

I put on my waterproof MP3 player after 51/2 hrs to give me a boost - great invention, although not allowed on the day as i have to swim it as per Captain Webb, and he only had a hat, goggles and speedos... his equivalent would have been a brass band on the boat, with his Port (energy drink!)... 2 songs helped yesterday - 'you're the best' from Karate Kid!, and Come Back by the Foo Fighters... try them when you are in trouble exercising..

1 comment: